Fun and learning with Discovery Day

Discovery Day will offer children the chance to have fun with bubbles and with each other. Discovery Day will be held on March 22 in the Child and Development Center.

Student Voice Photo

By Steven Suarez, Student Life Writer

A few hundred children will soon be running around Moorpark College’s Child Development Center for Discovery Day, a day of interactive fun and play.
The event is run by teachers and students from the Child Development Center will be running the various activities along with volunteers from various clubs and other classes. The event will involve face painting, interactive music, and many more fun and educational activities for both children and parents.

“it’s a fun and educational activity for parents and children that educates them about hands-on experiences and what’s appropriate for children,” says Bonnie Baruch, the director of the Child Development Center. “It’s another way to show that you don’t need to be making projects or have bounce houses for children to be having an amazing experience.”

Discovery Day will be held from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 a.m. on March 22. For more information visit the Child Development Center or call at 805-378-1401