Choir prepares for the Spring season

By Daniela Alvarez

As the spring season rapidly approaches, so are the upcoming events for the talented choir department. Choir, who is co-operating on projects with the orchestra department, is currently practicing for the Spring Choir Concert in April and Viva L’Opera in May.

Choir instructor Jinyoung Jang sees the potential and excitement in his students of both his vocal ensemble and choir concert classes.

“Most of my students want be professionals–singers, musicians, conductors,” said Jang. “And these classes give them the opportunity to go on to pursue their dream,” added Jang.

Every practice and class session is an opportunity for the students to improve creatively and gain as much confidence to be able to step on a stage and perform. To make that process easier, Jang has chosen pieces for these upcoming concerts that he, his students, and audiences will enjoy. Jang, much like his students, look forward to the Spring Choir Concert and Viva L’Opera to exhibit their talents and hard work.

Open auditions for Viva L’Opera will be held on Feb. 14 in the Music Building, room 109. Jang and the rest of the choir and music department hope to work with passionate and confident singers with training and experience.

“We definitely need some more powerful singers, especially those who can read more than one language,” said Jang. “I always welcome those who want to be a part of choir,” added Jang.